Reports to: Production Manager
Direct Reports: Zero
Effective Date: April 2021
Summary of Role & Primary Responsibilities
As QA you will be involved in all Food Safety aspects of the business. You will be responsible for ensuring proper protocols, documentation, production, and overnight hygiene standards are being met. You will be working towards the implementation of BRC standards across the site.
This position will work closely with both Production and Lab, supporting in trials and new product development.
Supporting in the development and continuing improvement of food safety, quality, integrity and legality and implementing the relevant technical standards via the central technical team.
- Production Manager
- Food Technologist
- Process Technologist
- Food Safety Team (Europe)
- Measure quality attributes and ensure that all CCPs meet requirements. Use this data to partner with the Operations team to ensure production meets all QA standards.
- Collect samples and manage all quality and food safety documentation for their assigned line(s).
- Support line trials and new product development
- Develops and maintains standards and methods for routine quality inspections and evaluations
- Develop and maintain procedures and work instructions
- Oversees root cause investigations and collaborates on corrective and preventive actions
- Oversee plant pest control program and actively work with pest control provider on corrective actions and investigations
- Review quality records for completion, accuracy, and adherence to internal specifications
- Maintains and account for product and raw material holds and disposals
- Provide necessary documentation or knowledge for internal and external audits
- Carry out regular audits of the facility
- Work with team on proactively improving the quality department and production facility
- Implementation of BRC standards
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
Some international travel may be required
Lovingly Made Ingredients Ltd. Calgary.
Flexible working hours are expected to cover the business’ working period.